Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Dad is the Coolest!


My dad will be 53 in Nov. and is training for 12 hr. ride
that covers 3 mountain ranges. He rides everyday.

This is his $6000 road bike!
This thing is amazing!
Dad likes to ride up Hobble Creek Canyon. He told me this story:
He was riding up with a buddy and they noticed that these two other guys were gaining on them. They were coming up to a steep incline. He told his buddy to go ahead and not to let them pass. My dad thought there was no way he could do it. He looked back and saw this guy that looked like he was in his 40's and had a "gut" like my dad. He decides right then and there he was not going to let this guy pass him and took off up the hill with success!
Now I where I get my competitiveness.
Way to go Dad-you are awesome!

1 comment:

Tara said...

That is soo cool! My parents still run, bike, ski etc and they are good examples of keeping active!

Bobby and I have recently started to mountain bike a lot and we are loving it!